May 4, 2020
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of your child, and we are doing everything possible to ensure the well-being of our student drivers and driving instructors. Keeping safety foremost in mind, we have developed the following COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Drive Right Academy has already taken proactive and voluntary steps to help our customers have a healthy driving experience. The following plan provides temporarily expanded steps to help slow the spread and flatten the curve as we re-open our behind-the-wheel lessons.
Effective immediately, all driving instructors will be required to complete the following safety protocols:
1) Perform a self-assessment each day in order to check if they have any COVID-19 type symptoms (fever, cough or shortness of breath).
2) Self monitor their personal temperature. If their temperature is equal to or exceeds 100.4F, the driving instructor must report the temperature to the General Manager and the driving instructor will not be permitted to instruct for the following 72 hours (three full days) after the day in which the temperature drops below 100.4F (without the use of medication) and seven days have passed since the symptoms first began.
3) Sanitize the vehicle prior to the first student driver of the day.
4) Wear a face mask.
5) Issue a face mask to the driving student (the student is permitted to wear his/her own personal protective equipment). If the student refuses to wear a face mask, the student will not be permitted to drive that day.
6) At no point during the drive lesson, should the student and instructor touch (i.e. shake hands, fist bump, etc).
7) Drive lessons are limited to one student at-a-time in the vehicle unless both students are from the same household.
8) Upon conclusion of the driving lesson, sanitize the vehicle in accordance with our expanded protocols.
In the event a driving instructor tests positive for COVID-19, Drive Right Academy will not permit the instructor to drive for a period of 15-days. Drive Right Academy will also contact any student who has driven with the instructor and comply will the local health department for purposes of contact tracing.
Drive Right Academy will continue to monitor and implement CDC guidance as well as work with local area school districts to ensure our students have a healthy driving experience with us. We look forward to serving your driver education needs.
Mark & Debbie Rohm
Drive Right Academy Inc.